I ♥ Drugstore Makeup TAG!

This has been my favourite tag to watch on youtube recently and so decided to do it myself - so on with the tag...

1.)  What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?

For me, this is between three (slightly breaking the rules but oh well): Rimmel, as I love a lot of their lip and face products.
Make Up Academy, because their products are so well-priced and fail to disappoint.
and e.l.f, as their products are so cheap yet such great quality.


2.)  What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?


 For face, I love the e.l.f clarifying pressed powder in Ivory as it provides coverage as well as being super affordable and mattifying.
For cheeks my favourite blush is the e.l.f studio blush in Blushing Rose as it is such a warm, Winter shade for pale skin tones like my own.
For lips my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipglosses in SOS Red and Pink Cocoon are the best as they are quite opaque and last long as well as being really moisturising.


3.) What are your least favourite products?


A recent Poundland find was this Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint. It's basically a pen with a balm at the end. The balm is okay but the stain/tint is barely visible on my hand and worse on my lips - a hate as I had such high hopes.
When I first started collecting makeup, I bought a lot of Natural Collection (UK only). It was then that I discovered these ghastly eye and lip liners - they are chalky, patchy and they pull at your eyes like god only knows what. Buy the MUA ones; they're cheaper and so much better!
Another Rimmel Product! This Rimmel Colour Mousse Eyeshadow in Galaxy is so not pigmented (check out the swatch!) and is so irritating to my eyes - I had to get it off right away as it was stinging so much!


4.) Best MakeUp Bargain?



I love this NYC foundation as it's so blendable, long-lasting and a perfect colour match for me. And it's only £3.99 (only $2.99 in the States!).


MUA lipsticks are also fabby as they are creamy, come in a variety of colours and are only £1!!!!!!!


5.) What is your favourite underdog (under-hyped) product?

Natural Collection seems really overlooked in UK 'drugstores' as it's so cheap but a lot of it is really good. I love the creaminess of this concealer and the coverage is phenomenal!
A recent Poundland find, this Miss Sporty duo eyeshadow in Fun-loving as the pigmentation is so good and the pink all over the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe with the grey in the crease is soooo pretty!


6.) A drugstore product that is overpriced?
 

I generally think Bourjois is overpriced as their foundations are £10+ and this so/so lipgloss is over £7!

7.) Dupe(s)?


Being someone who uses mostly drugstore produsts, I can't dupe too manmy high end products but the e.l.f $1/£1.50 primer is just as good as my Too Faced Original Shadow Insurance.

8.) Drugstore product(s) that are overhyped/not worth the hype?

I really don't understand the hype of Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch. I admit, it does make me look awake but so does any concealer I used under my eyes. Not worth £6.99 for sure.
Next is slightly contoversial as I must be the only person who is not too keen on this. It is Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I feel that it cakes up on my skin and it looks so dry though the coverage is amazing - not a fan, I must say though I'd rather wear this than leave my bright scarlett skin on show!
 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.