How I Cleared My Skin of Spots/Acne



 
I've suffered with bad skin since I was about 10 years old. I hit puberty early, and the spots just came and came, and I cannot remember a time in the last five years when I've had spot free skin until now. Over the last three months or so, I have dramatically changed the appearance of my skin, and I want to tell you how, just in case my journey can help any of you on yours.

Now, obviously from the second picture (the one of my face), you can see that my skin is far from perfect; I still have a lot of redness, enlarged pores and scarring. The scars will fade, redness I am not too fussed over and the enlarged pores are out of my control. But there are no real spots, and although I have had a few little hormonal chin breakouts, it's nothing compared to my spot-ridden face of six months ago.

Honestly, I can rave about the products I will soon talk about, however the truth about how I think my skin has cleared up is down to two things: number one is de stressing, and number 2 was going on The Pill. I won't go into too much detail about my period, but the stress of that every month (or fortnight, as it was) alongside GCSE pressure and day-to-day stresses was really affecting my skin and I had so many under-the-skin, painful, red breakouts that were obviously stress-induced, but once I went on the pill, one of those stresses went away (and GCSE stress went soon after, with it totally being gone after Results Day), and my hormones were balanced again, which improved my skin immensely. 

On the other hand, four absolutely phenomenal products have been maintaining my clear complexion that I can highly recommend. Exfoliating toners including Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Toner and the famous Pixi Glow Tonic have helped to decrease the number of dark spots and fade them, as well as smoothing out my skin and providing a more even complexion. To get rid of any active breakouts as well as keeping them at bay, I've been obsessed with the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil which I love the feel of, as well as now using one drop of it under my makeup in the morning for a bit of extra glow and hydration.

Removing this makeup without any irritation or alcohol is my beloved Clinique Take The Day Off Balm which works wonders with its 'no scent, no colour' formula that is so easy and therapeutic to use. The finally, every few days, I treat my skin to a couple of pumps of the Ren Wake Wonderful Night Time Facial which is like a facial in a tube, as I wake up and my skin feels smoother, looks less lackluster, and just generally, I look healthier and better. It's a winner in my books.

Skin is so important to us, as it's what people see and judge first, so I am so over the moon happy that mine is looking so much better and healthier, and my confidence is through the roof - I am happy to go out without makeup now, which is such a big step in feeling less self concious, and being happy. Which is oh so very important.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.