MUA Matte Palette | Review and Swatches


I've been a bit naughty... I've had this palette for well over a month and still haven't reviewed it! Ooops! Well, here is my review, and I must admit, this palette's a good'un. I wasn't expecting to get my hands on this but I managed to find a few stashed at the back in my local Superdrug - result!


The facts are; it costs £4 (bargain!), contains 12 shades (swatched below) and is sold in Superdrug and on MUA's online website.
Unwrap (white), Butter (cream), Bare (Nude), Taffeta (Peach) , Fade (brown), Penny (bronze), Chino (taupe), Truffle ( chocolate), Fog ( dove grey) , Smoke ( black)
 As you can see, the pigmentation does vary - the lighter shades aren't as pigmented as the darker shades (but you couldn't see them anyway as they're pretty much the same colour as my skin tone!). The formula is really buttery and these shadows apply and blend really easily. For £4, just 1/3 of a pound per shadow, the quality is amazing. The packaging is just cheap, and I would have liked a mirror, but I guess more expensive packaging just makes it more expensive, right?! 

I'd definitely repurchase this palette, as the light mid-brown works great for my brows, I can create a matte smokey eye and use all the shades for blending. My mum wants one now, so I may buy her it for Christmas! It'd make a great present!

Have you tried this? What are your favourite drugstore matte eyeshadows?

Love, L X

6 comments

  1. since this isn't available in Canada i haven't gotten my hands on this but seeing how most reviews are a bit mixed i think i would pass anyways. thanks for the review!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shame you can't get mua outside the uk - they do have some fab things! this is okay but there are defo better products on the market x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try this!

    Alice x
    www.beautybyalicee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can get your hands on it, but it! X

      Delete
  3. Some lovely shades in that pallette!

    Also, I currently have a MAC lipstick giveaway over on my blog that I'd love for you to check out and enter if you're interested :)

    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.