May Favourites 2014 | Beauty & Random


May Favourites today, and I have a fair few things to chat about, so let's jump right in...

Beauty

My hair was feeling a bit dry and just mehh this month after skipping a trim (I know, naughty me, but my hairdresser is very busy *cough* and I was already in my pyjamas *cough*) so I bought a couple of new products - my favourites were the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner. I tried the hair mask a while ago and loved it, and the other products from this range don't disappoint - my hair is soft, shiny and smells divine: like orchids and coconut! Another hair favourite has been the BlowPro Mane Tame Pomade which is amazing but for the details check out my review. Last hair bit are SCRUNCHIES! I know, I should have been a 90s kid but I love my neon yellow one from Forever21.

For skincare I've been trying to keep it pretty simple but my acne has flared up again and my face is looking Awful. But I have been loving a new exfoliating toner, the Pure Instant Radiance Skin Tonic, as it's pretty affordable and alcohol free (£6 from M&S). An old favourite is the Botanics Ultra Calm Serum for its spot healing and moisturising properties, and it smells incredible! Then as the weather has been a bit sunnier (haha I wish!) I invested in the La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Fluid SPF 50+ Sunscreen from Boots, which is a very light liquid that feels weighless on the skin and protects well, and the suncream smell is very subtle and undetectable when blended in.

As for makeup, two primers have graced my face - the Benefit Porefessional and Rimmel's Stay Matte. The Benefit is very good for large pores, although I do think the Garnier 5 Sec Blur and Seventeen Flawless Poreless do the same thing for a lot less. Rimmel's Stay Matte is amazing though and I need to repurchase, check my review for all the details. The concealer that has been hiding my horrendous dark circle from late nights texting has been the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, which I have a review on here. Letting my blemishes breathe has been important so for a lighter coverage but still concealing spots I have been using the Stila Angel Light Powder Foundation, which I found on Xtras and both my mother and I love. Then on my lips I have been rocking the bold peach-coral which is Rimmel Apocalips in Luna - it lasts ages and really adds a Summer-pop to any outfit.


Random

A fashion favourite has been sunnies on my head always, and these H&M ones are my current obsession. I've also been rocking my PJ-esque shorts all the time, they're so comfy and casual to do chores, go shopping, or babysit in.

Books are my thing, and I laughed and cried and learnt so much from The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Oh My God I understand the hype around this book now, it literally teaches you so much about life and love and just being. It's about a girl whose sister dies (you never find out how) and how her life is turned upside down when she falls for her dead sister's boyfriend and also for the Parisian new boy. Sounds very cliche, but is really a TFIOS-esque need-to-read life-lessons-learnt book.

Apps I have been loooving are 2048 - the sliding number game which is totally addictive - as well as QuizUp, recommended by a friend, where you quiz against people in other countries on topics ranging from WWI to Chocolate to 80s Music. I'm also obsessing over Instagram which I have FINALLY joined. If you're interested in what random outfits, #myweek and foody posts come follow me @lizzie.p1 I'd really appreciate it!

OMG the movie Now You See Me! Ahh it is soooo good I am literally obsessed now and can't wait for the next one, it is so captivating and interesting and kind of creepy but argh go watch it!

Lastly is the simple act of texting. Yes, now in a world of Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Keek, Snapchat and all these other great ways to chat, I have been enjoying the art of the text, where you don't know whether they've seen your message, or if they're typing. You just have to guess, which makes everything oddly romantic and exciting. Texting really isn't outdated guys, I should know, I send 500 texts last month (eek sorry contract!).

What are your favourites?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.