Good, Better, Best: Makeup Removers


Being an avid speaker about makeup, I recently noticed that I never actually discuss removing it in too much detail. I've used many types of makeup remover, and always wear waterproof mascara, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what works well (and what doesn't). I tend to follow my makeup remover with a cleansing balm or oil so I really do clean my skin, and this also allows me to see what the remover missed.

The Good - The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

When they say gentle, they mean gentle. This is a think camomile-scented liquid that is super soothing before bed for face makeup, however on the eyes, it stings slightly and doesn't remove any mascara or eyeliner, let alone 24-hour or waterproof formulas!

The Better - Garnier Micellar Water

This micellar water is the best I've yet to find on the high street. It's very gentle and removes all non-waterproof makeup with ease and no sting, but with waterproof formulas, it doesn't work as well and pulls out eyelashes! Ouch!

The Best: Garnier Simply Essentials 2-in-1 Makeup Remover

It's just my luck that my all-time favourite is the first I ever tried. This bi-phase solution removes all makeup effortlessly as it's an oily mixture. The only con with this one is the oily aftermath however double cleansing is a must if you don't want angry breakouts, so that's averted easily.


What is your favourite way to remove makeup?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.