Salted Chocolate Brownies


I love a good bake - in fact, I'm so obsessed with cupcakes, lemon loaf and anything chocolatey that I've become quite a capable baker.

When I first experimented with brownies, I knew what I loved about these chocolate treats; the gooey texture, the rich chocolate flavour and the crunchy cracked top. But I was also aware that my brownies needed a twist: enter Sea Salt.

These brownies are moist, very chocolatey (70% minimum only here please!) and the salted flavour definietly adds a unique twist, but it also enhances the chocolate flavour and makes them oh so addictive yet super easy.


You will need:

75g dark chocolate
75g butter
2 free-range medium eggs
200g caster sugar
75g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
sea salt, to finish

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 180C (mine is a fan so for other ovens perhaps go for 200C) and line a 7x7in baking tin with baking paper.
  2.  Melt the butter and the sugar in a large pan/microwave until combined. Put to one side to cool slightly.
  3. Melt the chocolate in either the microwave or a bain-marie (double boiler) until smooth. Put to one side.
  4. Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
  5. Add the chocolate to the butter/sugar mixture and mix before adding to the dry ingredients and mixing.
  6. Add the eggs then give the mixture a really good beat until all the ingredients are combined.
  7. Pour the mixture into the tin and give it a wiggle to level out the mixture, then place into the oven for 30 minutes.
  8. Remove from the oven when ready then leave to cool. When cool, slice up the brownie into small pieces and sprinkle with a generous amount of sea salt. Serve either warmed in the microwave with ice cream or as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee.
If you make these, please tag me in your instagrams (@elizabethspts) or on twitter (@elizabethspetts) as I'd love to see them!

x ESP

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.