Father's Day Gift Ideas 2017


I think we can all agree that men are easily the hardest people to buy for. I don't know what it is about my father in particular, but whatever you buy him - even if it's specifically what he's asked for - it still ends up being the wrong thing and is returned. I still have no idea what to get him this year (I'm thinking beer... it's a failsafe, right?) however hopefully these ideas will help you to pick for your dad come Sunday 18th June.

Booze is always a safe bet in my view - unless the receipient is teetotal. My dad's a whisky or beer man, but I like the idea of getting a few bottles of artisan beer that's a little more interesting than a can. Beer Hawk has a section of worldwide beers to pick and choose from, or if you can't decide there's also the option of buying a mixed crate. Perhaps if your dad isn't a drink a coffee machine could be a good choice - it'll save them money in the long run if they're a Costa addict!

My father loves greenery so I always find plants make good gifts - he like succulents and has his very own terrarium! If your father isn't as green-fingered, IKEA has a fab selection of fake plants that look surprisingly real also.

We love travel in our house so the Lonely Planet guides are a must - I love the idea of their new 'Where to go When' which suggests destinations for each month of the year. Oliver Bonas have a fantastic selection of coffee table books like these - I know my father would love this 'Great Pub, Great Walk' book! However, if your father likes fiction over non-, you can never go wrong with a classic 'read this before you die' novel, such as 'Trainspotting', one of my favourites, or something from a prize longlist.

Music was a big part of my life growing up thanks to my dad - we have an entire wall of our home office covered in shelves of CDs staring at me as a type this! He really enjoys using his portable bluetooth speaker on holiday and in our garden, so maybe that would be good for fellow music lovers? I also bought him some concert posters for his birthday last year from concerts he went to in the 80s and we're curating quite a wall full now; I picked them up from Spitalfields Market (on a Tuesday, very nice man selling vinyl also). 

I think every man deserves a proper leather wallet but the one pictured from Aspinal is just fabulous - it's green! For younger dads (or older dads if they fancy), the Kanken backpack trend is one they could get on board with, for taking to work or for family days out or holidays? And finally, aftershave or cologne is always a hit with male members of my family (and perfume for the ladies) as it's something you never tend to buy yourself but is always nice to have.

 

2 comments

  1. omg dad's are SO hard to buy for, i'm always asking him what he wants and always get the response 'i don't want anything!' damn you dad...help me out here will ya! i always think beer is a failsafe too, what dad doesn't like receiving beer?!

    katie xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks for stopping by! (just read your Berlin posts from the beginning of the year as I'm there in August; your photos are amazing!) x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.