The Brows Edit: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly


Over the years, I've tried a lot of brow products. Like, a Lot. This is the edit of all those products from a variety of brands - I'm going to keep it concise but if you want any more info just ask me in the comments//email me and I'll be sure to answer any questions you have. 


Just before I begin with the Good, Bad and Ugly, my brows aren't too big or sparse either, I pluck any strays but I've never waxed//threaded or had any treatment other than plucking at home. My hair is a warm blonde but my brows are a lot ashier. I don't really like a waxy consistency to my pencils.


THE UGLY

There is only one 'ugly' product, which is the MUA Eyebrow Pencil in 'blonde' which costs only £1 - it has SHIMMER in it! It's also very creamy so slips away easily and isn't ashy enough.


THE BAD

The 'bad' aren't necessarily really bad they're just not as good as the 'good' - they're the 'okay' (but that just didn't sound as cool!). First up is the MUA Eyeshadow in '17' - the colour is okay but the eyeshadow is very crumbly and dry to flakes away.

The NYC Eyebrow//Kohl is an okay formula and colour but the how it can do eyebrows and eyes as a kohl I don't know - too hard to be a kohl but too creamy to be a brow pencil. 

HD Brows in 'Foxy' would be amazing - for someone with darker hair. The formulas of the powders are perfect but this for a blonde just does not work - I would need 'bombshell'.

Maybelline 'Brow Drama' works so well, it's a great product and looks perfect - however, it breaks me out in and around my brows so much I just can't use it. And spotty brows ain't pretty...

MUA's Pro Brow Kit is good in colour but the powders are just a bit too buttery like eyeshadows for me, and the wax is sticky and gross!

MUA Power Brow is a goodie for slightly warmer tones, the formula is great but the colour on me looks too golden.

elf brow gel is okay, it is a bit crispy but I would repurchase as it is only £1.50 and does the trick!


THE GOOD

A mix of 'fade' and 'penny' from MUA's matte palette creates the perfect brow colour for me and they stay in place.

GOSH's brow gel sticks my brows in place without feeing or looking crispy, even if it is a little pricier for clear mascara.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe is a great alternative to the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade for grey-toned blondes as it stays for sooo long and I apply with a small angled brush.

Une's Eyebrow Pencil in B03 works so well for me, it is the perfect colour and non-waxy formula and it is only a couple of pounds from Fragrance Direct!


What do you use on your eyebrows?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.