June Favourites 2014 | Beauty and Random


Happy 'OMG it's actually like summer now!' month! Or, as some like to call it, July.... I've loved a few things, beauty and random, this past June so let's share, shall we?


 First up are the Toni and Guy Shampoo and Conditioner for normal hair, which I received for Christmas. They're really basic but leave my hair clean and smelling fresh but not stripped, which I like - 1/3 off in Boots at the mo for £5 so I'll be picking up a backup set and minis for my holiday! A couple of body bits are the Champneys Lime Body Scrub which smells heavenly and makes the perfect pre-tan exfoliator, and the Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh perfume, whcih is also an amazing scent. Then as my skin has been playing up a bit this month I've stripped back my skincare to my everyday balm and to clear out my pores I've been using the Yes to Tomatoes Cleanser with my No7 Brush which work great together, without leaving my skin dry or stripped. The Ren Rosa Centifolia Hot Cloth Cleanser makes for great makeup removal and will be coming to Athens with me - I don't want to risk a balm melting in the heat so this should compensate.


Makeup, and only a few things to talk about. My base has been mostly just concealer as I wanted to let my skin breathe but on days when I wanted a bit more coverage I've used the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which sticks around due to it being less tacky than others and it matches my skintone perfectly.  The elf blush and bronzer cream have been looking gorgeous when applied with a RT expert face brush as I have been loving contoured cheeks throughout June. Eyes have been all Revolution - the Iconic 3 (*cough* naked 3 *cough*) is so beautiful and the colours work so well on blue eyes. Kylie Jenner-inspired lips have been my thing and the MUA Fawn Fancy lipstick with the Natural Collection Fondant gloss is an accurate combo for miss KJ.


Last, but by no means least, are the random favourites: I purchased this frame in Tiger with the intention of using it for family pictures, however the lack of photo paper (and coloured ink... DADDY!!!) made me choose to print this F Scott Fitzgerald quote from The Great Gatesby. It's become one of my favourite quotes, and it reads, 'And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness' which I love as it shows the vulnerabilty of humanity as a species but also the ideas that nobody is perfect and we're all searching for the same thing: love... *english A, come to LizBet!*. You know I love my sunnies, and Primark Wayferer-style Men's £1 sunnies are my favourites - I picked up this tortoiseshell pair and am in love - the lighter colour suits my fair complexion as it looks less harsh than the black. My Oyster Zip pass has been my saviour this month - buses and trams in the capital are free for me so all I have to do is pay trains and tubes (which are, sadly, what I use the most). I've had a maths lecture, many afternoons shopping and a few babysitting jobs to attend to so I've needed my pass to get me places and this adorable case from paperchase a couple of years ago has seen me through. This thin credit-card sized plastic thingamabob is actually a flashlight to use when I come in late from school (may or may not have forgotten my keys and had to stay in the library til 7 a few times...) or a babysitting job (or 'gig' as my friend calls it) and have to locate the lock to fit my key in//the doorbell//avoiding dog poop on the pavement - this little light is very bright and is virtually weightless. Defo recommend picking one of these up, my Grandad bought me mine from a garden centre.

Music favourites include: George Smith - his song 'Yes or No' is my new JAHM! OMG I love this guy, subscribe to his youtube, follow him on instagram @horehayyy and like his facebook page he's so kind and sweet and funny and argh that voice *Lizzie then collapses from die-hard fangirling*. The Vamps' new song Somebody to You has been my go-to morning rock-out, getting ready tune, and it describes my current mood perfectly. Then when I'm on my way home Tessa Violet - Just Right is all I want to hear, again it describes my feelings so well and is just so perfect. Then my always faves are Passion Pit and YM@6 just because...

Then movies//TV has been all around Glastonbury performances - who else loooved Ed Sheeran? Then the film Anastasia is always a love, but I've seen it about 6 times in the past fortnight as we've been studying the Russian Revolution and this is the perfect incorrect source. 'Other' favourites have been seeing friends who I hadn't seen since we used to do a maths course together a few months ago - I love you guys and missed y'all sooo much! Making a new friend has taken up a lot of my time (thinking about them, talking to them etc) and I have loved it, and can't wait to finally meet them this summer... 

Speaking of summer, I break up for my holidays on the 11th then am off to Athens the next day so should be absent from social media from the 12th to about the 17th but posts should (hopefully) be scheduled - packing posts etc should be coming too.


What are your current favourites?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.