2 Years On: La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] Review


Over two years ago, I purchased my first tube of La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+] just after it had been reformulated, and posted this review which wasn't only incredibly brief, but also wasn't exactly a 'truthful' review. So, two years and around four tubes later, I'm here with a real review.
'Four tubes? You must love it' some of you may be thinking; yes, to be frank, I do love it and this is going to be a mostly positive review, but I do have a couple of bugbears with Effaclar Duo.
If you think this is going to be a miracle product, stop right there.
Effaclar Duo is one of those products that you have to keep using to notice a difference - it's only when you stop using it that you actually see what it does for your skin, as it's not a one-time, skin healing product, and you have to keep using it to keep seeing the effects.
But the effects are great: it is unclogging, and I find that it clears up blackheads better than anything else I've tried, and does leave your skin feeling much less congested (like you're using a charcoal mask every single day).
It also does 'refine' pores, as mine are far less visible and susceptible to getting clogged by makeup or pollutants. My skin also appears less red and the anti-dark marks factor is amazing: any spots I get don't scar at all anymore.
However, this isn't for acne: I don't find that it has reduced the number of spots I get (that's more down to other products, which I will talk about soon). It's for pores, not acne. Also, if you have sensitive skin, it may be a little stingy, as it does have quite harsh ingredients in it.
Overall, I do love this product and I will always have a backup in my drawer!
You can get Effaclar Duo [+] at Boots, and on FeelUnique and Escentual, where it is quite often 1/3 off!
x ESP 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.