January Beauty Favourites 2015


Hello and welcome to the first favourites post of 2015! I hope your 2015 got off to a good start and your January was as happy as mine was. I have quite a few bits that I've loved during January that I cannot wait to share with you; onto the favourites!
I have been aiming to keep my hair in a good condition for 2015 so that I can grow it out a couple more inches then cut off the 7 inches that The Princess Trust requires for hair donations. I've been using Umberto Giannini's Miracle Worker religiously so to prevent my ends from splitting, and it's working. I'm also keeping my blonde fresh with Superdrug Colour Effects in Cool Blonde, which I tend to leave on for 10 minutes then wash out - it's super conditioning and I can see a difference every time. Whilst that works, I like to wash my body with the Lush Rose Jam Shower Gel which smells absolutely divine and lathers up so well - think I might have to save the rest for my trip to Siena now!

January was the month where my skin decided to freak out so I've stripped back my skincare routine, hoping to clear up the flare up: a toner that has been calming is the Simple Moisture Boost Spray, of which I squirt two sprays of onto my face after cleansing at night. To really clear out my pores, I've been using the Origins Clear Improvement Mask which always reduces my blemishes and leaves my skin feeling clean. As a bit of an extra layer of moisture, I love the Botanics Radiance Balm - I wouldn't describe it as a balm as it's a very thin lotion that makes my skin look less sallow and more plump.

In terms of makeup, I've been keeping it quite simple this month with the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, which really helps my makeup stick around; Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation, which I have reviewed; Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, an old faithful love; and Revlon Bold Laquer Mascara, which is so much nicer now it's dried out a bit. 

As for random favourites - music has been all about the Taylor Swift 1989 Deluxe album, or the 5SOS Deluxe album, as they get me in a really good mood for work or school; my favourite tracks are Style or New Romantics from 1989 and English Love Affair from 5SOS. I'm almost done with The Borgias as a series - it has been epic but quite confusing at times. As for fashion favourites - my khaki parka is very well worn, as I love it to death and cannot take it off, I think it's because of the furry lining!

What are your January favourites?

Love, E X


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.