September Beauty and Random Favourites 2014

  

I cannot believe how fast this month has gone - and now it's October which means less than 3 months til Christmas, 2 months til my birthday and 1 month til Santorini! I can't conceal my excitement... eek! But my favourites are probably the reason you're here, so let's share...
 
Beauty first, as always: I've been using a new hairwashing duo this month and they make a dream team for shiny, smooth, amazing-smelling locks - the Tresemme Deep Cleansing/Remoisture line. A few late nights have occurred duing September, and so face wipes are a must for makeup removal at sleepovers and on trains (yes, I've been seen removing my mascara at 8pm on the Piccadilly line somewhere near Green Park) - the Yes To Grapefruit wipes are a bit more thorough at removing makeup than others I've tried, and they smell so darn good! As my skin has been playing up again this month (probably due to the aforementioned late nights and wipes), I've gone back to my trusty Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser which is so basic but hydrates my skin whilst fighting acne... argh so good! Then also for blemish control, the Avon Blackhead Clearing Mask has been drying out spots, though it doesn't deserve the blackhead claim; I've not seen any difference in those!

Makeup-wise, I've been keeping things simple - my favourite primer ran out, so I've been using up my Garnier Perfect Blur Primer which has been doing a jolly good job. Covering the previously mentioned (...twice...) blemishes has been the Seventeen Stay Time Concealer which is pale enough for my ghostly complexion but does stay put all day. Cheeks have needed to look perky whilst still natural, and my favourite product for this is the Max Factor Miracle Touch Blush in Soft Pink. I've been bringing an old favourite back with the MUA Undress Me Too Palette, especially the matte shades. Then for lips, Revlon's Laquer Balm in Demure has been the perfect pinky-peach with a bit of sparkle for everyday wear.


And now onto the random favourites - my favourite books have been Gayle Forman's 'If I Stay' and 'Where She Went' which were heart-wrenching and sweet, definitely more holiday reads than thought-provoking novels though. My new fashion love is this faux-leather jacket from good old Primark - £18, can you believe it! It's the perfect fit, without any weird trend-applique going on which is exactly what I wanted. As for music, I've been loving 'Riptide' by Vance Joy, old Scouting For Girls tracks such as 'Famous' and 'Heartbeat' and Doddleoddle's new song, 'She', but Jack Bowden's cover which I will link to because it really is stunning.

Then other things have been RS lessons back at school with the best teacher ever, celebrating my boyfriend's birthday and attending a lecture on mathematics at Imperial College.

What are your favourites?

Love, E X

 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.