What I Received for Christmas 2014!

Hello my loves! I hope you all had amazing Christmases and are now having a restful break after the hustle and bustle of the past few days. Today I'm sharing my Christmas presents with you - I was thoroughly spoilt by my family this year, but I'm not trying to show off at all in this post, just as I enjoy being a bit nosey and seeing what others got, I thought you might like to have a nosey in my gifts.

 


 I didn't have a stocking this year, but I did receive some gifts that could be described as more stocking gifts including this cute Happy Jackson glasses case, a 2015 diary, some headphones, a notebook, then a couple of really cool gifts of sealing wax and a seal with my initial, an 'E', on it, for me to be a real Tudor and seal my letters, and this awesomesauce cookie cutter which you can alter the position of so it looks like it's dancing!


Then I was gifted a few books - Sali Hughes' 'Pretty Honest' which is a somewhat blogger essential, 'Bad Feminist' by Roxane Gay, which is a series of essays on issues related to feminism and so far is hilarious and ridiulously well-written (aka I'm pretending it's English revision ;)) and this book of poetry by Lang Leav - it's her second book (I received the first for my birthday) and her verse is the most beautiful thing to read, so thought provoking and good to pick up for inspiration.

 

I cannot believe my Mother ventured into her least favourite place, Lush, to pick me up this Christmas gift set - I love her even more! This set, the Christmas Candy Box, contains a Candy Mountain bubble bar, Rock Star soap, Butter Bear bath bomb and Snow Fairy shower gel.


Christmas is not complete without socks, and I was gifted these Harry Potter houses socks (Slytherin is missing as that's my house so I'm wearing those!) and a couple of pairs of these M&S bed socks which as so cosy and fluffy!


My mum gave me a couple of basic pieces from H&M of black leggings and a black skirt, then a couple of scarves including this tartan reversible one from Primark and this PEGACORN scarf from M&S which is my new obsession!


More vinyl Eliza!? Apparently yes, thanks to my Grandparents! This time it's Lana Del Rey, my Queen, with an album including my favourite 'National Anthem'. I also received this photo album as I wanted to keep one for 2015 - I'm thinking of adding '2015' in glitter gem numbers onto the cover then using a page for each month.


A few clothing items were my basic favourite Bailey jeans from Dorothy Perkins which fit me so well and aren't super pricey either - they're super skinny and stretchy, and I wear an 8 in a regular leg (with quite chunky but short legs, so size down in width but up in length I'd suggest). I also was gifted this striped slash-neck tee from Primark and also a glitter-sleeved jumper which I'm very excited to wear on a night out with my new black jeans and some heels!


My mum surprised me with these few gifts - CK One perfume is something I smell anytime we're out together, and love; as it's unisex I think it's quite a masculine scent but I love it and can still smell it one me 12 hours later! I also was given a couple of jewellery pieces - this Topshop bangle which has a bird and flower on it, and a rose gold necklace with a unicorn on it! My mum knows me so well to choose a unicorn and rose gold!


Then quite a few beauty bits were also gifted to me! I received another bottle of Peaches and Clean from Soap and Glory, which is my favourite cleanser-come-mask. I also received some haircare bits from Toni and Guy including the Rough Texturiser spray and my favourite shampoo and conditioner, the Cleanse and Nourish Everyday Vitality and Softness range.


I was beyond surprised to receive some Origins products, this being their Mask Marvels set which contains Drink Up Intensive, which I am yet to try, and Out of Trouble, which I've tested once and so far am not wowed by, and Clear Improvement, which I've also tried once and am overly impressed by - reviews coming soon, possibly within other posts so keep a look out!


More Soap and Glory treats came in their giant set 'The Next Big Thing' which I tend to put on my wishlist each year once it goes on half price offer as it's such a good deal! You can see the contents in the picture, however I've tried Heel Genius in previous years and love it, as well as Sugar Crush scrub and the Righteous Butter, and a couple of new trials for me are the face wipes, lip laquer (which I trialled yesterday and so far, so good), the Hand Dream cream and Orangeasm body wash. I don't much care for the scent of the Butter Yourself cream so I may give that to a friend.



Last gifts are DVDs - I have a little obsession with movies and so my family know to choose a few for me. TV series are The Borgias, which I am excited to see as I love historical dramas and Jeremy Irons, and Castle season 6, which by now long-time readers will know is my absolute favourite series! For movies, Starter for 10 is a book I read just before my birthday so naturally I'll see the movie now, Frozen I've seen on babysitting nights but now I can watch it at home! Rocky Horror is a love of mine, and so I am very excited to see it in full and convince my boyfriend of next Halloween to dress up as Brad and Janet (...a girl can dream!) and Noah looked so good, despite what my best friend told me after she saw it at the cinema.

Thank you to everyone who wished me a Merry Christmas and to those who gave me gifts - especially my two besties who also gave me gifts of a Husky dog onesie (oh yes!) and a hand knitted DRAGON! Now my pegacorn toy has a mythical friend - YAY!

Tell me what you got for Christmas in the comments, or what you did to celebrate!

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.