5 Things To Do This Month: March 2014

 I was a right rebel last month and skipped out on the favourites, but instead I decied to introduce a new post *ooh...*  This is the first '5 Things To Do This Month' post on a blushing blonde and I hope you enjoy it. I was inspired by Amelia Liana, and make sure you have a look at her fabulous blog if you haven't already, she's Amazing with a capital (and bold) A.

  
1. Find... some new storage. I love searching pintrest for cute ideas of how to organise things, but vintage teacups and jars are my favourite methods. Ask your Grandma if she has any old teasets, as my Great Grandmother kindly supplied this one (along with an entire dinnerset that we now have to buy a sideboard to fit... long story). The jar is from TK Maxx, they have a few like it in different sizes for under a fiver. For more info see this post.

 

2. Pamper with... Radox Bubble Baths. These are super affordable (always on offer for £1), and are great for giving loads of bubbles in a bath. Also amazing if, like me, you like to make a pamper pack for your mum for Mother's Day as they smell awesome (NB Mother's Day is on the 30th March, so get planning!)


3. Treat yourself to... a new Spring lip colour. Pinks are always in and the new Revlon Laquer Balm in Demure is the perfect no-fuss nude pink, and Rimmel's Kate Lipstick in 16 is a brighter pop for days out!


4. Watch... Ja'mie: Private School Girl. Currently on BBC3, my friends are obsessed with this series. I find it uber cringy but laugh a lot too. Worth a watch if you want a light-hearted giggle.


5. Read... the Carnegie Longlist 2014. The Guardian has a full list of the books with previews etc but we have a club dedicated to the award at my school, and we try to read the entire list. We have a while before the shortlist is released but my must-reads so far are Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher, the author of My Sister Lives on the Mantlepiece (FYI you need to read that book. like, now.), a tale of letters written by a girl to a convict on death row about a big mistake she made, and Hostage Three by Nick Lake. Hostage Three made me cry. Big time. And I don't cry at a lot. If you don't mind a weep but love romance and danger, this is for you. But even if you don't, read it anyway. It's amazing.


Tell me which of these you're going to try, and let me know something I should do this month.

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.