The Weekend Post #10: 5 Things I Love About Being 14


I have been 14 for just over 3 months now and I love it... sad there's only 9 months left, really. Being 14 has meant a lot of 'changes' for me, but this year will definitely be one of my favourites. So here are my top 5 things I love about being 14...

1 - People don't care what you wear...  for example, I was going home from my friend's house yesterday, quite late, and we'd changed into our PJs. Mine were covered in cow print and the t shirt had a cow on it - crazy PJs. I passed about 5 of my neighbours and no one batted an eyelid.

2 - Making GCSE options  AKA - dropping boring subjects. At my school, we can only take 10 GCSEs (I know, too little, right?) with a PE choice, so I'm taking... English Lang, English Lit, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Italian, History, RS, Computing and then my PE is Arts Award Dance (UCAS points!). If you want me to talk more about GCSEs and school, I could do a post so comment below!

3 - Making more new friends  or gaining the confidence to make friends. I have been mixing with so many more people, and I have been making so many cool new friends *maths geeks and Italian exchange students lol!* and I feel like my age makes me more likely to keep friends... is that just me?

4 - Teachers treating you like a young adult  and not like a little kid. I can have a normal conversation with my teachers, with them not pointing out obvious things or giving the definitions of words that I already know. I'm not considered an idiot ;)

5 - Movie Nights  I'm allowed to stay up a bit later now, so my friends and I have movie nights where we watch cringy teen movies. I love spending time with my girlfriends, and will be so sad when they all get boyfriends and leave me! #singleton!


Do you love being which ever age you are? Do you want a school/GCSE post?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.