Sleepover Week #1: Beauty Essentials/What's in My Sleepover Makeup and Skincare Bag?

 

Welcome to the first post in my 'Sleepover Week' series - three posts dedicated to packing for and what to do at sleepovers. I hope you enjoy - I was inspired by my best friend Becca's sleepover happening this friday for her 14th.

My beauty bag is always overflowing, no matter where I'm going. But considering I'm only away from my dressing table for one night, I think it's okay to cut down and 'slack' on my regime. Although from the looks of things this is more skincare than most do everyday anyway...


I got this Toni&Guy hair set for Christmas and I love the bag - it's the perfect size for a couple nights away. As you can see, it's stuffed full. Here's a sneak peek:



Okay, it looks a lot but I promise it's not too much *liar*


For cleanser, I'm bringing my Peaches and Clean mini I got sometime last year, and I love topping it up and using the small tube, double cleansing with the REN Rosa Centifolia Gel. I'll use that with a flannel. For toner, I'll use the Botanics All Bright Toner to remove dead skin cells. Then in the evening I'll use my Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser to control acne with Balance Me's Radiance Face Oil - I love the rollerball and consistency of this oil - followed by  my REN Vita Mineral Eye Gel and Blistex Lip Balm. In the morning I'll use the Clean and Clear Moisturiser again then my REN Vita Mineral Day Cream for extra hydration.


For body, I'll shower using whatever my friend has in their shower, but I won't wash my hair due to time. Instead I'll use One More Day dry shampoo from Philip Kingsley and my Tangle Attack. For deodorant, I love carrying a mini and this Sure Clear Aqua doesn't smell to floral or powdery.  I think it's handy to have a spare toothbrush set aside for travel just in case you forget.


Makeup - the fun bit. If I wasn't going anywhere afterwards I would skip it but I have maths so I need to perfect the complexion. I start with a primer sample - this is Garnier's Perfect Blur which I like. Skipping foundation, I use my Collection concealer and Stila powder as a coverage duo - they last forever! To add some colour I use my elf contouring blush and bronzer - the original one - with my ecotools mini kabuki. Eyebrows are essential so a spoolie, brow gel and a pencil are musts. For eyes, eyeko curlers and my Max Factor waterproof mascara are a fuss-free waty of waking me up. Then to add a hint of lip colour, Soap and Glory's Mighty Mouth is a great lipgloss-balm hybrid.


What are your essentials? Is it too much?

Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.