17 'The Smokey Eye' Palette Review and Smokey Eye Look



 

My nan bought me this palette for Christmas, and grateful as I am, it didn't seem like something I would wear. So I challenged myself to come up with a look which was wearable and slightly smokey with this palette and here it is!

First up though, the shadows are quite powdery and a bit chalky, but are great to mix and are blendable enough to create a pretty look. The eye kohl is very creamy and the little brush is quite good for use on the lower lash line.


'Scuse the bedraggled appearance, it was late. The look I created is quite a top-heavy smokey eye, which would suit gals like me with hooded eyes as it's quite blended and doesn't include anything too jazzy in the crease - basic.
I began by using the eye kohl in my upper and lower waterlines, and then over the lid as a base - it worked quite well though I would suggest a primer for best wear. I then applied shade 3 into the crease and outer v, but applying none to my tearduct or central lid. I applied shade to to my lid, blending with 3, and then shade 1 to my tearduct area. Then I blended and applied a small amount of shade 2 to my lower lash line. Simple smokey eyes, done!


What is your go-to smokey eye look? Anything I need to try?
Love, E X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ESP. Design by Fearne.